With the Christmas season upon us, there are many more drivers out on the roads and pedestrians walking to events. Here are some Pedestrian and Motorist Safety Tips:
• The most dangerous time for pedestrians is between 6 -11 p.m.
• Pedestrians should only cross at marked crosswalks and intersections.
• Pedestrians should establish eye contact with the driver before stepping into a roadway.
• Drivers should watch for pedestrians at all times, especially around intersections, crosswalks, schools, and busy areas.
• When approaching an intersection, drivers should always stop at the white line before proceeding.
• Drivers and pedestrians should be alert and avoid distractions.