Draper City: CONSTRUCTION UPDATE 9.9.2016
Lone Peak Parkway at 11950 South. Road improvements to widen and improve the intersection have begun. The project should be completed by November 15th. Minimal traffic delays.
12300 South. UDOT’s construction work to resurface 12300 South from State Street to 700 East has been completed.
Draper Parkway – 12300 South from 970 East to 1300 East. Work to reconstruct roadway has been completed.
300 East – 300 East is now open to thru traffic. There will still be some construction activities (sidewalk, driveways entrances, etc.) for the next few weeks.
1300 East Right Turn Lane onto Highland Drive. Construction of the new right turn lane has been completed.
Manilla Drive. The previously announced project to construct a new storm drain line on Manilla Dr. from Manti Dr. to Traverse Ridge Rd. has been postponed to the spring of 2017.
Utah Department of Transportation Projects
Bangerter 600 West Project - I-15 SOUTHBOUND RAMP CLOSURE
• This weekend—September 9-12, crews will be doing concrete rehabilitation on the southbound I-15 off-ramp at Bangerter Highway. The southbound I-15 off-ramp will be completely closed for the weekend.
o Motorists may use the 14600 South exit in order to make a u-turn and head northbound. Work will take place between Friday at 11 pm and Monday morning at 6 am. The new concrete requires time to cure. Due to this, crews will not always be working during the closure. This cure time is necessary and plays an important role in the strength and durability of the concrete.
o This work is estimated to take two weekends to complete.
• For more information contact the Bangerter 600 West project
o Web: www.udot.utah.gov/bangerter600west/
o Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 801-649-5476
BYU vs. Utah Game - The night of Saturday, September 10, all southbound I-15 work will be suspended to allow those returning to Utah County from the rivalry game to do so uninhibited.
12300 South to Bangerter Highway
• Through Friday night, nighttime lane striping is scheduled between 12300 South and Bangerter Highway.
o Expect lane closures as crews place final striping.
• The week of September 12-16, crews are scheduled for nighttime high mast lighting installations just north of the 12300 South bridge.
o Expect nighttime, single lane closures near 12300 South.
14600 South Intersection
• Through Friday night, crews plan to continue to place final striping at the 14600 South intersection nightly.
o Expect nightly lane closures as crews place final striping.
• Crews are scheduled to install ground mount signs at the 14600 South intersection daily. This work may be completed as soon as Friday, September 16.
Schedule is subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen issues
Please visit the City’s website at www.draper.ut.us/construction for regular construction updates (including maps) for all major road construction projects within Draper City.