We are asking residents to be very careful this year with fireworks and suggest that parents talk to their children about fire danger. Please be aware of fireworks restrictions (Draper City Ordinance No. 1052), as follows:
1) No fireworks will be allowed to be discharged in any of the restricted areas in Draper City (please see map below). The Draper Police Department will be strictly enforcing in the restricted areas and will have extra patrols on duty. Fireworks are not allowed east of 1300 East Street, south of 13800 South Street, west of Interstate 15, and in the area from 12300 South running north along 1000 East Street to the north City boundary, then following the City boundary west to 700 East Street, then south to the UTA TRAX line, then following the TRAX line to 12300 South Street (Mehraban Wetlands Area).
2) Fireworks are legal to be discharged in Utah from July 1 through July 7 and July 21 through July 27 only.
3) It is against the law to discharge any fireworks within 20 feet of any residence, dwelling or structure.
4) It is against the law to discharge any fireworks in a Draper City park or facility.
5) It is unlawful and shall constitute a class “B” misdemeanor for any person to discharge display fireworks, special effects, or flame effects performances, without first receiving a Draper City permit.
6) Sky lanterns are prohibited in all areas of Draper City. It is unlawful and shall constitute a class B misdemeanor for any person to discharge or launch a “sky lantern” or similar type of unmanned fire. “Sky lantern” means a small unmanned hot air balloon with an opening at the bottom where a fire is suspended.