Many people have been asking the city if there will be any water restrictions this summer. While currently we don't anticipate water restrictions in Salt Lake County this year, we are asking residents to be conscientious in avoiding wasteful water use. This will be a proactive step on our pare to help ensure a stronger water supply in upcoming years.
Please read through the following recommendations:
* Don't water outdoors all this week (the rainy days will take care of water needs)
* Refer to the website for water use advisories - on Jordan Valley Water Conservation Districts (JVWCD) www.JVWCD.org /guide
* When JVWCD's water use advisory says it is okay to start watering outdoors, but don't set sprinkler timers to automatic mode, set your sprinklers in manual mode and water when necessary.
* Water outdoors between the hours of 6:00 pm and 10:00 am.
* Visit the Conservation Garden Park to find out more about how to conserve water.