Draper City has been meeting regularly with the property developer, Edge Homes, since two condemned homes on Springtime Rd slid in April, to discuss plans for remediation and cleanup in the area.
Following is a summary of current activity:
- Edge Homes has begun the first phase of shoring up the slide zone to stabilize the area in preparation for long-term measures.
- Large beams known as “soil nails” are being installed around the walls and under the road.
- Once the area is stabilized, work can begin on the next phase, involving backfilling.
- Draper City is currently reviewing the developer’s long-term plans.
- Edge Homes has installed inclinometers to monitor land movement. To date the readings have not shown any additional movement in the area.
- Discussions are still underway regarding the process for clearing the debris from the trails. The stabilization phase needs to be completed before heavy equipment can be brought on site to remove the debris.
As the process continues we will continue to provide updates when we have new information.