Great news! It appears the risk of flooding from spring runoff has nearly come to an end. High flows in creeks and streams are expected for a while longer but peak flows have passed.
Draper City appreciates the efforts of residents, Salt Lake County, and other partners with helping to reduce the risk of flooding. Salt Lake County has established designated drop-off locations for sandbag disposal. Following are details for the location in Draper.
Location: Corner Canyon High School
12943 South 700 East
Drop-off point will be in the parking lot adjacent to the stadium.
Timeframe: June 16 – July 1
We ask Draper residents who wish to dispose of excess sandbags to please review the following:
- DO NOT put them in the streams and creeks.
- DO NOT dump them in vacant lots, etc.
- DO NOT put them in garbage or recycle bins.
- DO use the sand on your property if you can. You can make your lawn leveling soil by mixing pure sand and dry topsoil in a ratio of 1:1. It will help if you spread the mixture into low-lying segments of your lawn. In case you want to enrich the soil, you can use compost.
- DO take them to the drop-off location listed above.
Information about other disposal locations in Salt Lake County is available here.
Thanks for your cooperation.