Below is a summary of the Planning Commission Meeting held April 23, 2020. To view the meeting documents and listen to the archived meeting, click here.
Avery Townhomes Final Plat (644 E 12225 S): APPROVED
The applicant requested approval of a final subdivision plat for approximately 2.48 acres located on the north side of 12225 South at approximately 644 East. The Planning Commission approved a site plan for 17 townhomes on the subject property on June 13, 2019, and approved the Preliminary Plat on February 27, 2020. The entire project encompasses two undeveloped parcels accessed from an existing private lane off 12300 South.
Hidden Canyon Estates Phase 5 Final Plat (2355 E 14720 S): APPROVED
The Hidden Canyon Estates subdivision was approved in 2016 for 300 single-family lots within nine phases. This application is to approve the final subdivision plat for Phase 5 of the development, which will approve 20 single-family residential lots within the overall development.
Harmony Hills Site Plan Amendment (1393 E Pioneer Rd): APPROVED
Harmony Hills is an assisted living facility approved in 2016 and currently under construction. The applicant is proposing to modify the sidewalk and parkstrip configuration in order to move the sidewalk five feet to the south. This will provide additional space between the sidewalk and driveway allowing the applicant to modify the slope of the driveway. Draper City Municipal Code limits driveways to a maximum slope of 12%. The applicant requires the additional five feet of space to meet that slope standard. The size of the sidewalk will not be altered and will continue to comply with the five feet required by engineering standards. The sidewalk will bifurcate the parkstrip into two landscape areas. The access point into Harmony Hills will not be affected.
2020 Q1 Text Amendment (Citywide): APPROVED FOR POSITIVE RECOMMENDATION TO CITY COUNCIL
From time to time, Draper City initiates text amendments to the Draper City Municipal Code in order to update code, make clarifications and to propose common sense standards. The proposed bulk text amendments for the first quarter of 2020 covers modifications to Titles 9 and 17. The changes will:
1) Create a new use type for home occupations, Assembly and Repair, Limited.
2) Provide a zoning district purpose statement for the new MARF (Major Freeway Arterial Frontage) zone adopted on August 27, 2019 and add the new zone to the list of commercial zoning district.
3) Require residential driveways to be at least 20-feet in depth, exclusive of sidewalk, for both single-family and multi-family dwelling.
4) Prohibit driveway and garage parking spaces to count towards the minimum required guest parking spaces for residential developments.
5) Reduce the number of temporary signs allowed with a Special Event Permit and clarify where such signs are allowed to be posted.
6) Clarify that the MARF zone is allowed to have freeway frontage signage.
7) Eliminate the requirement to show building envelopes on subdivision plats.
Use and Development Table Text Amendment (Citywide): APPROVED FOR POSITIVE RECOMMENDATION TO CITY COUNCIL
In order to update code to comply with state standards, Draper City initiates text amendments to the Draper City Municipal Code. The State of Utah modified the Land Use and Development Management Act in 2019, clarifying when a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) may be denied by a city and requiring all city’s designate uses as either permitted or conditional. Given the high bar set by the state for CUP denial, the city is evaluating the use charts within Title 9 to modify what use categories are considered permitted, conditional or not permitted. This will ensure compliance with state law, while limiting use that may be detrimental to specific zoning districts.