Evil Scientist Academy Summer Camps 2021
New camps this summer! Your kids will love these Science Camps! Our certified "Evil Scientist" instructor has lots of fun things to show and teach kids during the summer to keep them active and learning. Four, fun four-day camps where kids learn over the summer about various elements of science in a fun way with lots of cool tests, experiments, and explosions!
Camps for our Kindergarten - 6th Grade and camps for our 9 - 14 years olds!
Boys and girls in grades kindergarten - 6th grade (2020/2021 school year)
- June 7-10, 2021 (Monday-Thursday): Rocketry & Flight Test Lab
- June 21-24, 2021 (Monday-Thursday): Chemical Chaos Lab
- July 5-8, 2021 (Monday-Thursday): Rocketry & Flight Test Lab
- July 26-29, 2021 (Monday-Thursday): Chemical Chaos Lab
Time:9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Chemical-powered model rocket launches
CO2 dragster races
3-foot helium blimps
Chemical Chaos Lab will include:
Green Fire tornadoes
Dry ice fog bubbles
Color-changing chemical reactions
Huge monster bubbles
Baking Soda & vinegar cork cannons
Who: *Boys and girls ages 9 -14 years
- June 7 - 10, 2021 (Monday -Thursday) Time: 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- June 21 - 24, 2021 (Monday - Thursday) Time: 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
ROBOTICS BUILDING & CODING CAMP
In this robotics camp students will learn to build and code modular robots using block and text-based programming. Their robots will need to overcome a series of Mars-themed challenges including navigating mazes and retrieving objects.
- Robot Soccer
- Robot Sumo Contests
- Astronaut Rescue Mission
- Escape from Valles Marineris
- Registration opens May 3, 2021
Where:Day Barn Indoor Pavilion (1166 E. Pioneer Rd. in Draper) and/or Draper Park North or South Pavilions (12500 S. 1300 E. in Draper). **Note: June 22, class will be held at the Draper Park South Pavilion. July 6, class will be held at the Draper Park North Pavilion. All other classes will be held at the Day Barn Indoor Pavilion.
Cost:$98 per child, per camp
All summer science camps will open March 3, 2021. Register early, classes fill quickly!!
Online registration is available. Registration may also be done in person at the Draper Parks & Recreation Office (1020 E. Pioneer Rd., bottom floor, enter on the west side).
Program Registration Refund Policy:
- A $10.00 bookkeeping fee is non-refundable for each program/registration.
- Refund requests made before the registration period/deadline has ended will receive a full refund minus the $10.00 bookkeeping fee.
- After the registration period/deadline has ended, a refund of 50% of program fee will be offered.
- No refunds will be offered once the program has started, beginning with the first class, first lesson, coaches meeting, etc.
Parks & Recreation Department
1020 E. Pioneer Rd. (12400 S.),
Enter from the west entrance of Draper City Hall (lower level)
Draper City, UT 84020
Email Parks Maintenance
Email Recreation Programs & Park Reservations
Service Request for Parks & Trails
Ph: (801) 576-6570
Rainout HotlinePh: (801) 576-6570, Opt. 3
Link to Weather/Rain Out Information
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Like Us on Facebook
Draper Recreation Page