- Custom_Public Works
- Storm Water
The Storm Water Division manages Draper City’s storm water to provide safe, dependable surface drainage in each neighborhood, and ensure storm water runoff from new development or flooding does not impact existing neighborhoods. Responsibilities include street sweeping to clear out debris, operating more than 100 detention and retention basins, and maintaining the storm drain system. Draper City is a member of the Salt Lake County Stormwater Coalition.
- Draper City’s Storm Drain Master Plan
- Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP)
- Map of Draper City’s waterways
- Hazardous Waste - Landfills
Questions: For questions about storm drain design or the storm drain system, contact Draper City Engineering at 801-576-6585.
Report Illegal Dumping: Please report any hazardous spills or illegal dumping into the storm water system immediately by using this online form or calling the following agencies:
- Draper City at 801-576-6331
- State DEQ at 801-536-4300
- SLC Health Department Emergency Line at 385-468-8888 (option 8)
Billing: To connect or disconnect your storm water services, visit Utility Billing.
Storm Water Fees
- Residential - $9/month (this is included in a resident’s monthly utility bill)
- Commercial - $9/ month per ERU (If you have questions about your ERU calculation, call Utility Billing at 801-576-6504.
Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) represents the water use of an average residential home. For commercial development, the number of ERUS is based on impervious surface – pavements, rooftops, sidewalks, roads and parking lots. One ERU equals 3,000 square feet of impervious surface. The City Engineer will calculate the ERUs for each commercial development.
Storm Water Maintenance
72 E. Sivogah Ct. (14525 S.)
Draper, UT 84020
Email Storm Water
Storm Water Maintenance Request
To submit a service request for storm water in Draper City, fill out this online form.
After Hours Emergency
For emergencies related to storm water infrastructure including flooding, cleaning, or maintenance, call 801-831-7195.
Staff - SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention) / Storm Water Quality
Lucas Fowler, Storm Water Specialist