Eligible violators may be able to have their guilty plea held in abeyance and ultimately dismissed rather than posted as a conviction.
The Draper City Prosecutor has given blanket authorization for minor traffic violators to enter a "Plea-in-Abeyance" before the Draper Justice Court provided certain eligibility requirements are met.
No other moving traffic violation conviction anywhere within the last 12 months. The court will check your record.
This citation must not be for any of the following:
- Any drug or alcohol related violation
- Reckless driving or racing
- Speeding in a school zone
- Speeding 21 mph or more over the limit
- Multiple moving violations
- Any other serious mandatory court appearance violation
If you meet the criteria, contact the Draper Justice Court between 5 to 14 days from the citation date at (801) 576-6540 to verify eligibility. The bail amount and an additional $25 abeyance fee will be part of the plea in abeyance agreement.