- Custom_Community Development
Welcome to the Building Division. Our team is responsible for reviewing plans, issuing building permits, and conducting field inspections of buildings to ensure compliance with local and state mandated regulations related to building construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation.
We can assist you with information about building codes, inspections, checklists and forms. We can help schedule a building inspector for your property. If you have concerns about contact related to COVID-19, please let us know. We are happy to schedule a virtual inspection or make other accommodations.
Building Services Portal
Business with the Draper City Building Division is conducted via an online portal. Submit permit applications, check on your status, and look up building inspections through the Building Services Portal. You will need to create an account to access the portal. If you already have an account, use the button below to login.
Checklists for Submittals
In addition to checklist items for building permits, the following will also be required at the time of application.
- All digital files must be unlocked to allow commenting by Draper City plans examiners; otherwise, they will be returned immediately without being reviewed.
- All required approvals from: Outside agencies and Draper City Departments.
- The Draper City Building Department will not accept any building plans or applications for building permits of: homes, townhouses, apartments, commercial buildings, and twin homes, unless both:
- A building permit for that project has the ability to be issued at the time of application and submittal of any documents; and
- A geotechnical engineering report for that property, has been reviewed, approved and accepted by Draper City for that parcel(s).
Contact the Team
Find all the Building Division's contact information at the Department Directory here.