City Recorder

The City Recorder’s Office is responsible for all City records, preparing City Council agendas, packets, and minutes, attending City Council meetings, publishing legal notices, city code, document searches, administering oaths of office, municipal elections, Draper Cemetery, and passport office. View the 2024 Public Meeting Schedule.

Search / Request Records


At times, there is confusion about the difference between the City Recorder, the County Recorder, and the County Clerk. 

Here is a list of common questions and the answers:

Where do I find tax information regarding my property? 

Contact the Salt Lake County Recorder’s Office at (801) 468-3391 or visit the Salt Lake County Recorder’s website.

Where can I get a marriage license? 

Contact the Marriage License Division of the County Clerk at (801) 468-3439 or visit the Salt Lake County Clerk’s website.

Am I registered to vote? 

Contact the Elections Division of the County Clerk at (801) 462-3427 or visit the Salt Lake County Clerk’s website.

Where can I get copies of records on above-ground and underground storage tanks?

Those records are maintained by the Utah Department of Environmental Quality. Visit their website to submit a records request.


City Recorder Laura Oscarson
Records Officer
(801) 576-6502

Deputy Recorder Angela Fixmer
(801) 576-6506